Blogging Guidelines: So you want to write for the Software Adoption Blog
Thanks for your interest in blogging for the ServiceRocket Software Adoption Blog. We love connecting with software leaders and writers who can help us fulfill our mission to:
Be the global leading source of information for software leaders seeking ways to help customers select, learn, configure, and adopt software in order to achieve their desired outcomes. To offer entertaining, educational, and effective information that software leaders can put into practice right away.
Why should I write for the Software Adoption Blog?
Writing for the Software Adoption Blog may help you build your reputation as a leading authority in software adoption, technology consulting, professional services, technical implementations, and otherwise helping companies get the most out of the software they buy. It may also help you in your work as a software leader because writing for others can help you think deeply about your profession and challenge you to try new things and share what you have learned.
Plus, our community is an open, friendly, and knowledge thirsty bunch who likes to help one another.
Who is the audience?
Enterprise software buyers, decision-makers, and influencers who are looking for technology solutions that will help their teams collaborate more effectively and deliver results that drive their companies forward.
What topics are we looking for?
In general, we are looking for posts around these categories, as they related to starting, building, growing, and operating and customer education function and/or otherwise any topic related to how we can help customers learn how to use the software we sell so they can achieve desired outcomes in their business.
- Real life and innovative ways to set up and configure Atlassian tools in various scenarios
- The best Atlassian Marketplace Apps for specific use cases that achieve some innovative result. Extra points for demonstrating some outcome or tangible result from implementing apps.
- Examples of innovative uses of collaboration and communications tools to bring teams together, innovate, and otherwise achieve tangible outcomes on your company.
- Workplace by Facebook use cases and integrations that drives adoption and/or helps an organization bring people together to achieve great results.
- Methods and techniques for gaining software adoption.
- Tools, processes, and methods for selecting the right technology or how to make a business case for selecting the right technology.
- Examples of effective education, change management, and support that helps people learn and use software effectively.
What makes a good post?
Part of our mission is to create entertaining AND educational resources that people can put to use. In order to increase your chances of having your submission accepted, make sure your post includes at least some of the following:
- Has an identifiable problem or opportunity that managers and technology professionals can easily relate to.
- Describe why a challenge is important to address.
- Write for people who are doing the job today and who either 1) want to solve a problem; or 2) learn about some innovative approach that will help them do something new to take their function to the next level.
- Be useful. The more useful you can be, the better your idea will shine. Lists, worksheets, assessments, step-by-step instructions, speak volumes.
- Stick to one main message. Think: One blog, one idea. Don’t try to cover everything. If there is more than one idea in your blog, submit a second blog.
- Be specific and make it concrete.
- Be conversational. Speak plainly. As if you are explaining your idea to a friend at a <insert favorite meeting place here>.
- Avoid promoting your company, your product, your self. Promote your idea. The rest will take care of itself.
- Give credit. Include sources to support your idea.